Industry Forum 2018
Welcome to our industry event!
GENERALThe second SCHLINGEL Industry Forum offers an international platform for the discussion on current developments in the children’s and youth film sector. The Forum will focus on the relevance of the different film formats animation and life-action film for children and young audience. In this context, the possibilities of funding and co-productions for children’s and youth film will be discussed.
Partipicants: international film experts, producers, directors, distributors, broadcaster, representatives of funding agencies
Programme: The forum consists of different discussion formats and events, which you can join. The working languages are English and German. The events will be translated into the respective other language.
- Co-Production Varieties / Financing Modules
- Child Actors – A Contested Subject
- Location Central Germany / Saxony
- Project Presentation of "Young Urban Cinema"
- "ComingSoon" - Works in Progress
SCHEDULEMonday, 01 October 2018
11:30 am: Opening Industry Forum, Welcome Coffee & Snacks
(Oberdeck in the Tuffner Galerie, Am Walkgraben 13, 09119 Chemnitz)
12:30 pm: Opening-Speech: Einar Hansen Tómasson, Film Commissioner Film in Iceland
Filming in Iceland
01:00 pm: Discussion Panel 1 | moderated by: Silke Wilfinger
Co-Production Varieties / Financing Modules
- Current developments in the children’s and youth film sector
- International funding opportunities for childrens and youth movies
- European and international co-production varieties / financing modules
- Bragi Thor Hinrikksson, Director "The Falcons“, Iceland
- Lilian Klages, Dreamin‘ Dolphine Film GmbH / Producer of "Latte Igel und der Wasserstein“, Germany
- Sarika Hemi Lakhani, One Fine Day Films / Producer of "Supa Modo“, Germany
- Jitendra Mishra, Smile Foundation / Creative Producer of “Halkaa”, India
02:30 pm: Coffee break
03:30 pm: Keynote Speaker Prof. Dr. Cecile Sandten (TU Chemnitz)
“Children’s film from India”
04:30 pm: Discussion Panel 2 | Keynote Speech & Moderation: Sebastian Grobler (School of Art, Design and Media (ADM) / Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore)
Child Actors – A Contested Subject
- What motivates children to pursue acting
- Which dangers come with having a carrier as a child actor
- How do the working conditions vary for child actors from country to country
- What young audiences and childactors whish movies to be like
- Elske Falkena, Casting Director Netherlands
- Paakhi A Tyrewala & Anmol, Director and Child Actor "Pahuuna", India
- Rasko Milijkovic & Mihajlo, Director and Child Actor "The Witch Hunters", Serbia
06:30 pm: Champagne reception and musical intermezzo
07:30 pm: Get Together with culinary delights
Tuesday, 02 October 2018
10:00 am: Welcome Coffee
10:30 am: Discussion Panel 3 | moderated by: Silke Wilfinger
Location Central Germany / Saxony
- What makes the difference between Location Central Germany and other Locations
- What is the importance of film funding
- Why film funding from Central Germany
- Nicole Kellerhals, X Filme Creative Pool GmbH, Producer of „Alfons Zitterbacke“
- Dr. Markus Görsch, Mitteldeutsche Medienförderung; production, international co-productions, delegate of Free State of Saxony
- Annekathrin Heubner, freelancer as Casting Director in Weimar
- Martin Rohé, Neue Bioskop Film Produktions & Vertriebs GmbH, Office Leipzig, Producer
12:00 pm: Project Presentation of "Young Urban Cinema" by Festival Director Michael Harbauer and Kristian Voigt, CEO creative clicks GmbH
01:00 pm: Lunch
03:00 pm: ComingSoon, CineStar Galerie Roter Turm, Auditorium 11
07:40 pm: Trip to the brewery Einsiedler
Wednesday, 03 October 2018
8:30 am: Trip to Dresden and visit to the Frauenkirche
Sebastian Grobler is an educator, director and producer of fiction films. He has directed 8 feature films and 80 episodes of TV series. His theatrical feature film debut Der ganz grosse Traum (Lessons of a Dream) was nominated for the German Film Award (“Lola”) for Best Film in 2011 and won 10 international awards. Sebastian has an M.A. in German Language and Literature (Focusing on Theatre and Media) from the University of Hamburg and a Diploma in Directing Fiction Films from the Filmakademie Baden-Wuertemberg/ Germany. He taught at the University of Hamburg, the Filmakademie Baden-Wuerttemberg and the School of Audiovisual Engineering (SAE) Hamburg. Sebastian is a member of the Director’s Guild of Germany (BVR) and the European Film Academy (EFA).
Silke Wilfinger founded the Distribution and Consulting Company SilkWayFilms in 2016. Since 2008 she is supporting the programming of the AniMovie section of the International Festival of Animated Film in Stuttgart. Silke Wilfinger is working in the field of acquisitions, sales, distribution and production at Koch Films, Telepool and Prokino. Currently SilkWayFilms is cooperating with clients like Weltkino, Sola Media, Servus TV, Wild Bunch and others.
The SCHLINGEL Industry Forum will take place at the event location Oberdeck, Möbelgalerie Tuffner (4th floor, Am Walkgraben 13, 09119 Chemnitz) and Cinestar, Galerie Roter Turm (2nd floor, Neumarkt 2, 09111 Chemnitz).
The accreditation fee (Industry Forum) includes access to all SCHLINGEL Industry forum events as well as to all festival screenings and participation in the framework program.
COMINGSOONUnder the header “ComingSoon” national and international festival guests are invited to gain insight into the production of upcoming children's movies. Not only will we present future German movie hits coming to cinemas but also European co-productions. “ComingSoon” is organized in cooperation with the Creative Europe Desk Berlin-Brandenburg and will be showcased in the CineStar.
The organizers are proud to present the following guests and project presentations:
INVISIBLE SUE (AT)
ostlicht filmproduktion GmbH, Amour Fou Luxemburg sàrl
Germany, Luxembourg, directed by: Markus Dietrich
The Project will be presented by Marcel Lenz (Producer ostlicht filmproduktion GmbH).
LATTE IGEL UND DER WASSERSTEIN
Dreamin’ Dolphin Film GmbH in co-production with Eagle Eye Filmproduktion UG & Grid Animation
Germany, Belgium, directed by: Regina Welker, Nina Wels
The Project will be presented by Lilian Klages (Producer Dreamin‘ Dolphine Film GmbH).
MY GRANDPA IS AN ALIEN
Studio Dim, Wady Films, Filmbin, Master Film, Artilera, Senca Studio, Fabrika
Croatia, Luxembourg, Norway, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Slovenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, directed by: Dražen Žarković, Marina Andree Škop
The Project will be presented by Marina Andree Škop (Producer Studio Dim).
X Filme Creative Pool GmbH
Germany, directed by: Mark Schlichter
The Project will be presented by Nicole Kellerhals (Producer X Filme Creative Pool GmbH).
FRITZI – EINE WENDEWUNDERGESCHICHTE
Balance Film GmbH, TrickStudio Lutterbeck
Germany, Luxembourg, Belgium, Czech Republic, directed by: Ralf Kukula, Matthias Bruhn
The Project will be presented by Ralf Kukula (Balance Film GmbH).
Kinderfilm GmbH, Daniel Severa Production
Czech Republic, Germany, directed by: Ivan Pokorný
The Project will be presented by Claudia Schröter (Producer Kinderfilm GmbH) and Ivan Pokorný (Director).